We also agree with the following tips about how to buy your next scent for summer (especially handy when perusing our extensive range of 28 fragrances at Boots!) ...
- Either take some perfume strips with you or nab some from the perfume counters - the sales assistants don't mind at all, it's what they are there for!
- Take along a bulldog clip with you
- On each scent strip, write the name of the scent that you are trying, then spritz the end (without ink, or it will run!) with the associated scent. Then hold the unscented end in the jaws of the bull dog clip. Do this for all the scents that you wish to try - but don't let the scented ends of the strips touch (that's why a bulldog clip is handy, as it keeps them all organised!)
- Then, go and find somewhere nice to sit down and ponder on your collection of scents. Take turns at sniffing two at a time. Discard each of the pairs that you like the least until you have five favourites. Then follow this process until you whittle it down to your absolute fondest
- Remember that we're on offer at 2 for £25, at Boots, and you can layer and wear our scents together... so you don't even have to boil your choice down to just one. Treat yourself!
If you fancy the sound of our Iris Cologne, act quick! It's just £9.99 from the FLASH SALE section of our website at the moment. The revered perfumery material produced from the iris plant is known as orris, and is steam distilled from the aged, gnarly roots of the iris plant to create an expensive and coveted scented ‘butter’ that seems to be the very essence of soft, feminine sophistication. Having enjoyed a recent renaissance in perfumery, the ‘iris’ or ‘orris’ note has a powdery scent with detectable facets of violet and carrot, which commonly gives the scent impression of old-fashioned, waxy lipstick. Perhaps our associated memories of adored grandmothers, mothers and grown-up dressing tables are what leads us to connect this scent with unadulterated elegance. It is this scent, and this elegance, that we have isolated in our single-note Iris Cologne, capturing it for your pure enjoyment and appreciation.