The Library of Fragrance Ltd (‘We’) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.thelibraryoffragrance.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of ordering products or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
- Strictly necessary cookies – these are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website;
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website;
- Functionality cookies – These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website;
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
We may monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
- The IP address of your computer;
- The referring website from which you have got to our website from
They enable us:
- To make ongoing improvements to our website based on this data;
- To see our most popular sources of business;
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches; and
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
How we protect your personal data
At The Library of Fragrance Ltd, we promise that your personal information is secure. Every transaction is processed by using the latest industry standards for secure online credit card transactions. Secure servers protect your information using advanced encryption and firewall technology throughout the ordering process. Please never send your credit card information via email.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfilment;
- If you sign up to our newsletter we may use your email address to send you information about products or services. You can opt out of these at any point and you can ask for personal data to stop being recorded at any time;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
- In cases where we are required by law to pass on information or if we believe action is necessary for fraud, cyber-crime or to protect the website, rights, personal safety of person/s. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website (customers and sales) in order to describe our services to prospective partners (advertisers, sponsors) and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1988 (‘the Act’) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.